The offered range of Ferric Ammonium EDTA Powder is processed using supreme grade ingredients under the guidance of experienced professionals in our hi-tech processing unit. The offered chemical is highly recommended to dissolve metallic impurities and is also used in the process of colour washing as a photographic chemical for a bleaching agent. We offer thischemicalin air tight packaging that maintains its efficacy and reliability for longer period of time. Our offered product is available for our prestigious clients at industry leading price.
- Accurate composition
- Precise pH value
- Highly effective
- Information on Ferric Ammonium EDTA Powder.
- Ferric Ammonium EDTA Powder is a derivative of Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid.
- Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid is a Sequestering / Chelating Agent. EDTA is a synthetic amino acid. It is widely known as EDTA. It is a white powder. EDTA Acid is insoluble in water. It is also named as Ethylenediamine Tetraacetate. It is widely used to dissolve Metallic Impurities. There are various Salts / Derivatives of EDTA.
- EDTA is widely recognized as effective Sequestering Agent. EDTA grabs metallic cation such as Lead or Calcium from the process and forms a stable compound that is then excreted from the system. The stability of this bond is vital to get the success in removing the inorganic impurities out of the system. If the bond is weak, other chemicals can break this bond to form their own compounds.
- New Alliance Dye Chem Pvt. Ltd. is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Sequestering/Chelating Agents.
Synthesis / Manufacturing Process of EDTA
The compound was first prepared in 1935 by Ferdinand Munz, who prepared the compound from Ethylenediamine (EDA) and Monochloroacetic acid. Today, EDTA is synthesized on an industrial scale from Ethylenediamine (EDA), Formaldehyde, and Sodium cyanide (NaCN). The sodium salt of EDTA forms first in both processes and then can be converted to the acid form.
Specifications of Ferric Ammonium EDTA Powder:
- Product Code: E005.
- Product Category: Ethylene Diamine Tetra Acetic Acid Derivatives.
- CAS No.: 21265-50-9.
- HSN No.: 29173990.
- Synonyms: EDTA Ammonium Iron.
- Molecular Formula: C10H16FeN3O
- Molecular Weight: 362.0.
- Appearance: Yellowish Brown Crystalline Powder.
- Assay: 85.0% Min.
- Solubility: 5% Solution Clear without any foreign matter.
- pH (1% Solution): 3.0 - 4.0.
- Total EDTA content: 62.8% Min.
- Total Fe+++ content: 12.0% Min.
- Total Fe++ content: 0.1% Max.
- Packing: 25 Kg. HDPE Bag / Fibre Drums.
Note: The above specifications are for reference purpose. Product can be offered as per customer's required specifications.
Uses / Application of Ferric Ammonium EDTA Powder
Ferric Ammonium EDTA Powder is a Sequestering Agent, which is normally used as a Photographic Chemical for a bleaching agent in the process of colour washing.